Tuesday, August 19, 2008

You do what?!!!!

after what i knew was an unnecessary prayer i handed the hair pick to kent to let him work some magic on my hair. i felt the need for a highlight coming on....and when this feeling takes over i'm at the store that day scanning over the multitude of hair color for the same ol' highlight box. clairol i think it is.

when i tell people my husband is going to highlight my hair .... or after the fact and i'm proudly announcing the fact that my husband made me beautiful by giving me those wonderful streaks of blonde....i get the strangest looks! the conversation usually goes something like............

you let your husband color your hair?!!
sure, he always highlights my hair and i do his too!


and this is followed by the above strange look getting even worse.

i just happen to be one of those people with hair that can color with over-the-counter product. i've never had a bad highlight out of the clairol box. my hairdresser will tell me this week when i go to get my hair cut how awful those products are on my hair....well....actually, i have the best hairdresser in the world and she'll probably just laugh and smile and keep those thoughts to herself. love ya jill!!!

and...yes...i have highlighted kent's hair too! unfortunately, one time he left the experience very much zebra like...yikes! ooops! uuummm...honey, i think we need to make an appointment with jill tomorrow. eeeck.....BUT in my defense that has only happened once. every other time it's turned out ok. kent's hair is dark, so highlighting dark hair is a much bigger challenge, of course (and again...in my defense).

No comments: