Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Betty Crocker Here Again.....

Photobucket


back in the summer i had a visitor by mistake. before she left she handed me a bag of cookies that were to die for. she told me they would melt in my mouth and the recipe was a secret but if i looked hard enough i could probably find it. they were out of this world...some sort of shortbread sugar butter cookie or a fine vanilla wafer cookie. after eating these cookies it reminded me of how much i love shortbread cookies. also, after recently eating some pecan shortbread cookies i decided it was time for me to do a little baking. above are lemon poppy seed shortbread for our upcoming sweets and treats exchange at work. butter, powdered sugar, flour, lemon extract and poppy seeds....bake and enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cookies look yummy! I love to bake. I bake some kind of bread or muffins every Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning for Ric and I to take to Starbucks for our Sunday morning "date". We'll have to swap some good recipes sometime. Cheree

Alysia Lawrence said...

Cheree, i love that you two have a weekly "date" at starbucks!! we will definitely have to swap recipes!