Thursday, November 4, 2010

Soups On

fall + cool weather always equals soup time. one of my favorite soups is french onion.

for the longest time i've wanted to give this soup a shot at home but just hadn't taken the time to do so. this week i felt the need to just hang out in my kitchen cooking.....so what better time to dive into something new.

after some research on recipes i decided to go with tyler florence's version. i love his show and how rustic his overall feel is....especially with his recipes. during a recent trip to barnes and nobles i found myself browsing the cookbook section. his books drew me in. they made me want to find a cozy spot and flip through the pages. homey - rustic "feel" is a wonderful thing for me!

i also made my own croutons with french bread, olive oil and fresh thyme from the garden. YUM!

(don't you just love the soup bowl?!) :0)


Photobucket

1 comment:

Cheree Federico said...

Yummy! I've already made three different pots of soup/chili and it's just now gotten cold outside. Love soup!