Friday, August 31, 2012

Weathered Pop of Red

While Paige was bleaching items out of her closet to create unique one of a kind pieces for her wardrobe, Kent and I were picking cherry tomatoes.

You wouldn't believe the number of little green tomatoes growing on our vines!

I loved the pop of red against the weathered box.  As always, off I ran through the house to grab my trusty camera!


Photobucket


Photobucket

Images are SOOC which means "straight out of the camera".

** A little advanced photo tip:  A huge part to photography is lighting.  Notice there are many levels of depth in shadows and light in both photos.  I chose to meter my lighting off 1) the lightest part of the picture so that I wouldn't lose quality in my image from overexposure and 2) the subject I wanted to stand out most in the photo (one particular tomato).  In order to do this, I used spot metering.  The end goal is to get the picture right in the camera and not compensate later through post processing.  I also wanted the shadows to be present in the photo to give a certain overall feel to the photo.  This is why knowing the photo in your mind before clicking the shutter is important.



No comments: