Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's Time to Read......

when this time of the year rolls around...it's dark at 5:00...it's much cooler out and dreary.....and the need to hibernate sets in....i'm ready to find a good book to read.

i'm open to anything....romance, drama, mystery, photography related. although, i'm feeling more of the need to get lost in someone else's world for some fun and adventure.

e-mail me or leave a comment with recommendations. what have you read lately that was GREAT?! you just couldn't put it down.

paige and i might have to make a trip to the cute local library this weekend and plan to leave with our arms loaded down with books. i know paige never has a problem doing that. the child LOVES the library and loves to read.

i'm excited to see the recommendations :0)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paper Hearts by Debrah Willamson is one book I recently read that I really liked. I read about three books a week, so it's kind of hard to pick something to recommend. Hmm...maybe I should start keeping a list since I know several people that ask for recommend.

All three of my kids love to read, so we are at the library at least once a week. I can never go wrong getting them books as gifts. Ric and I have always stressed the importance of reading and the kids have actually listened to that.

I'd love to hear of some books you have enjoyed, too.

Alysia Lawrence said...

miss cheree, i got something in the mail today.....you all are TOOO SWEET! thank you so much (be sure to tell ric and the kids i said thank you too). i hope someday to be more like you. :0)

i will definitely check out Paper Hearts. thank you!! i wish i could read three books a week. that would be wonderful. the books i've read that really stick with me are books set during a different era. i find them so interesting....but i'm looking for anything good right now. i'm not being picky. :0)

Anonymous said...

I'm in the beginning of reading Twilight. It's a new book out, and there is a series of them. The movie comes out next Friday I believe. My cousin read it and she couldn't put it down, she said she stayed up late at night b/c she wanted to know what happened next. She finished it in like a week, haha! Now, I'm hoping to do the same thing, haven't quite got to the good stuff yet, but it seems like a neat one. The author is Stephenie Meyer. And of course if you are looking for a good cry, you know you can never go wrong with Nicholas Sparks. That new movie that just come out, "Night in Rodanthe" with Richard Gere is written by him as well. My Aunt said she bawled at the end. So, I guess it must be good. Hope you find one you enjoy!

Alysia Lawrence said...

thank you taylor!! i will check that out too. you are correct, can't go wrong with nicholas sparks. i realized i had a few books here at home tucked away to read and forgot about them. just hadn't got to them...so i pulled one out and read it this weekend! we didn't make it to the library as planned. :0( so that made up for it. :0)