Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sweet Basil

last year, i attempted herbs in a pot and wasn't very successful. pot + need for lots of watering = poor care from me and dead. so, this year i decided to plant my herbs in the ground and that was much more successful! i'm not sure if technically it's appropriate to grow herbs outside of a pot....but it works for me. :0)

my sweet basil has gotten huge and was taking up our walkway. since i'm planning a few recipes this week with sweet basil i decided to bring a bunch of it in to have it handy in my kitchen. it actually makes a pretty arrangement and smells sooo good!

i love sweet basil so much. the way it smells and tastes. we also planted thyme, chives, oregano, tarragon and rosemary.

Photobucket

and molly taking a peek at it. :0)

i hope everyone is enjoying the weekend so far! our last weekend before school starts back for paige. i don't think I'M ready for the school time schedule....i wish summer vacation could last forever. :0)

3 comments:

Cheree Federico said...

So pretty...I think I can smell it! :)

Aimee said...

Hi - found your blog through Cheree...that vase of basil is BEAUTIFUL...love basil! Love that you post food/recipes...need to check in often. I love to cook!

Alysia Lawrence said...

Hi Aimee! Welcome to my blog. We most definitely share a love of basil. I have enjoyed it so much as a center piece in my kitchen this past week. :0) It's also been lovely in the dishes I made! Please check back. I love sharing recipes!